In our Catamaran School camps the children are sailing with Topaz 12 catamarans made by Topper Sail Boats.
Great introduction for young and light crews to catamaran sailing:
• Great first boat.
• Tremendous stability.
• Precise, well mannered handling.
• Very robust, ultra-tough, maintenance free TRILAM construction Read more…
• Y&Y Best Catamaran Winner.
• ISAF ‘Learn to Sail’ Class.
The Topaz Catamarans have been designed by International multihull racing legends Yves Loday and Robert White. With such sailing experience and pedigree, not to mention their proven design track records, it comes as little surprise that the Loday/White team have produced such a stunning range of cats.
The TOPAZ 12 is the smallest catamaran in the Topper range and is aimed at introducing youngsters to catamaran sailing at as early an age as possible.
The Topaz 12 looks immaculate and has tremendous stability designed into the hulls with lots of volume in the bow to give the sailors a really confident feeling on the helm from the off.
The key to the Topaz 12 is her simplicity. Rigging is quick and easy. The 12 is simple and lightweight enough to be operated by one child although it is primarily designed for two crew, a child and an instructor or two children sailing together. The 12 features a manageable and durable Dacron Radial cut Mainsail and cross-cut jib, a sealed mast and a safe and simple lifting rudder system.
The Topaz cats are all roto-moulded in tri-laminated Metalicene™polyethylene producing the stiffest, lightest and most dynamic hulls available. The hulls are also extremely robust and low maintenance making them ideal for even the toughest sailing school environments.
The Topaz 12 is simple to sail and lightweight enough to be operated by one child although it is primarily designed for two crew, a child and an instructor or two children sailing together. Everything is geared towards a user friendly sailing experience including quick and easy rigging.
– High foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is great for stability, handling and taut feedback.
– The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for daggerboards) make for simple user friendly sailing.
– No boom makes for one less thing to worry about.
– Fully battened mainsail provides exciting performance.
– Durable and manageable Dacron radial-cut mainsail and cross cut-jib.
– Single-line ‘Race’ Gennaker System is easy and effortless.
– Snuffer tube and gennaker sock.
– Trapeze as standard.
– Unique non-slip pattern is user friendly and provides extra grip when trapezing.
– Foam filled sealed mast for extra safety.
– Step hinged mast makes rigging quick and easy (even for one young person).
– Incredibly high quality hardware including ball bearing blocks and race specification cleats.
– Hard wearing injection moulded polyethylene rudder blade.
– Total rigged weight of just 85kg.
– TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability.
Crew Capacity: 1-2
Weight (fully rigged): 85kg
Construction: Topaz TRILAM
Sail Area: (ex spi) 9.00m2
Single Trapeze: Optional